Friday, May 29, 2009

Participating, Obeying and Showing God's Love

No pictures to share yet today (Vivian is graduating from Pre-K tonight so I'm sure I'll have a ton of pics to share later), just wanted to remember this and will forget if I don't write it down! Yesterday, we were driving home from school and Vivian was telling me they didn't get to have their ice cream party yesterday because they were bad. Then she said "But I wasn't bad. Me and Macie were participating, obeying and showing God's love." I just had to laugh out loud at this earnest recitation of words and phrases she has obviously learned at school. what a sweet, sweet girl. And I confirmed with her teacher today that what she said was absolutely true, everyone in her class was acting up yesterday except her and Macie!

Another story I want to remember but have not blogged or scrapped occurred in January 2009. Vivian and I were lying in her bed saying prayers and our "I love you's" (You know, "I love you more than all the stars in the sky", "I love you more than anything in the world", that sort of thing). We had finished and were lying there quietly for several minutes. Then she said "Mimi, I love you more than nail polish." Another laugh out loud moment as she was obviously very serious and to be loved more than nail polish to a 5 year old is a very big deal!

Just some random moments I want to always remember as my sweet girl gets ready to graduate from pre-K tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home