Sunday, September 17, 2006

Caribbean Cruise!

Rick and I and my brother Kenny and his girlfriend Sharron just returned from a 7 day Caribbean Cruise. We had a wonderful time. We left last Sunday with Vivian staying at our house with her two great grandma's, my mom and Rick's mom. We weren't sure how she was going to react to our departure but she stood waiving in the driveway as we left with a big ole smile on her face. I was the one who was boo hooing in the car. But it was such a relief that we could relax and enjoy a much needed vacation knowing that Vivian was safe, secure and happy with her great grandma's.

We departed from Galveston on Sunday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. We got a balcony room this time and I will never go back to one of those interior closets that they call a room again. There is something so relaxing about sitting outside listening to the sounds of the ocean. I read 2 books and started on another one. I had a facial and a massage. I slept alot and feel wonderfully refreshed!

The vacation started out on a high note on Monday when I hit a jackpot on the quarter slot machine. I won 5,000 quarters!!! That's $1,250 if you don't want to do the math. I put $20 in the machine and doubled up right away. I said I was going to cash out when I got back to my original $20.00 but of course I had to give it one more spin and up popped those double diamonds! This is the same kind of machine I won $1500 on at a casino in Durango a few years ago. Here I am below grinning like a fool:



There was a poker room on this cruise and we all played alot of poker. I just played the $20.00 sit and go's but I won one of them, split another, and got third in two. There was only one that I didn't get in the money so I was pretty proud.

The first stop on our cruise was Jamaica. Here are Rick and I below on our snorkeling excursion:



The second stop was Grand Cayman Islands which I loved. The water was just incredible. We went swimming with the sting rays and then snorkeling.



We then stopped at the 7 mile beach was gorgeous. Here are Rick and I in the crystal clear water:



Our final stop was Cozumel. Rick and I have been there twice before and we love it. We rented a convertible VW and drove to the other side of the island. It was just gorgeous as always. You just drive for miles with the beautiful ocean beside you.





And here we all are on formal night. It was fun to dress up and take pictures. Since I'm always photographing Vivian, I have very few of Rick and I together these days. We had some formal photos taken and they turned out great.




It was a fantastic, relaxing vacation but we are glad to be back at home!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad that the 4 of you had such a wonderful, relaxing trip. Granny Pat and I had a wonderful time playing with our great grand baby. She is such a happy little girl. Beautiful pictures. Makes me happy to see those smiles and of course winning that money did't hurt. Thank you for the nice gift you brought to us. MUCH LOVE..... MOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home